With over 35 years experience in the snow retention industry, our company has a long history of developing effective, afforadable, high quality snow retention products. Established in 1976, our business was founded by the late Jack McMullen, the originator of the polycarbonate snow guards.
1965 - 1974
- Jack McMullen graduated from Duquesne University and specialized in sales and erection of Clear Span Metal Buildings
- Jack McMullen, the mastermind behind it all, invented and patented the very first, clear polycarbonate snow guard and called it SnoJax ™
1975 - 1984
- Granted a US Patent for the first clear, plastic injection molded “corrosion proof snow guard”
- Developed a prototype, called IceJax™, to adapt to the popular standing seam, free floating roofs
- Redesigned the prototype and renamed it the SnoJax II™
1985 – 1994
- Discovered the Surebond SB-190 adhesive to attach the SnoJax II™
- Received astounding results from Pittsburgh Testing Labs on our “adhesive mounted” snow guards and installed them for our existing building customers with success
- Granted a US Patent on the SnoJax II™ for being the first adhesive mounted, polycarbonate snow guard which is now widely accepted by the metal roofing industry
1995 – 2004
- Brion McMullen designed, patented, and introduced the SnoBlox™ models, “Ace” and “Deuce”, to eliminate the confusion associated with minor rib straddling, and enhanced the bonding power of the adhesive with an industry first, waffle based design
- Developed a solution to common misapplications of snow guards over roof vents and chimneys by introducing the patented VentSaver FB-151™ and VentSaver P-383™
- Teamed up with the originator of the snow bar holding system that attaches to standing seam panels. They also developed the first "Ice Stopper" holding system that keeps snow and ice from going under, and/or ramping over the bar: SnoBar™ and ColorBar™
- Introduced two new affordable, high strength models of snow guards called the IceJax I™ and IceJax II™
- Hired the internationally renowned ATI professional testing laboratory to test all snow guards to prove that SnoJax™, SnoBlox™ and IceJax™ brands are the strongest snow guards in the world
2005 - Present
- Worked with Vermont Slate & Copper to develop a strap that attaches snow guards to wood, metal, and slate shingled roofs entitled the StrapGuard™
- Developed the industry's first ever online project estimate and snow guard spacing tool
- Designed the SnowCatcher™ - our first screw-down, stainless steel metal snow guard
- Stocking snow guard screws for mechanical attachment
- Stocking Everflex SB-1800 sealant for all weather snow guard applications
- Released the Decorative SnowCatcher™ models, including Fleur-De-Lis, Sunburst, Mustang, and Maple Leaf
- Designed and released the industry’s first recycled snow guard made from post-consumer polycarbonate called the Eco-Blox™ Deuce
- Introduced the worlds first "hook and pull" polycarbonate SlateGuard for shingle and tile roofs
- New product that minimizes the danger of roof snow slides by breaking up the snow and ice. The SnowBreaker™ has 3M “Peel and Stick” tape, screw-down and adhesive mounted options
- Marketed the RoofClamp for accessory attachment to metal roofs featuring a patented design that fits most panels using one clamp.
Today, more than 35 years later, I am proud to continue my father’s legacy with integrity. IceBlox, Inc., d.b.a. SnoBlox-SnoJax is recognized in the metal construction industry as an award winning supplier whose predominant business is snow retention.
We pride ourselves on our most valuable asset, our customers, and are committed to providing excellent customer service before and after the sale. Our efficient molding process and buying power allows us to provide the industry with the highest quality snow guard systems, at the best possible price.
Our mission is to meet the continually changing needs of the metal roofing snow retention industry. We will continually research, develop, professionally test, and market the “best of the best” for many generations to come.
Brion P. McMullen, President & CEO
IceBlox, Inc., d.b.a. SnoBlox-Snojax